The Benefits of Professional Writing Services
There are many options for promoting your business.
Today’s online world is fast-paced. There are many mediums available to you for promoting your business. Your competitors choose among these same options.
You can use Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Next Door, Yelp, Google reviews, blogs, websites, emails, e-newsletters, videos, podcasts, and more. It is truly a mind-boggling selection.
You can pay for ads, rely on organic growth, or combine the two.
All the while, you need to focus on running your own business.
How much time can you devote to researching the channels and platforms your strongest competitors use? What options should you use? What should you communicate on each? How best to communicate it?
You may have figured out all of this already. Is it working? I mean, is it really working?
Do your Google analytics reveal substantial traffic to your website? Is there robust engagement with your social media posts? Does your lead generation system provide a steady stream of prospects with a dependable percentage converting to new customers? Do existing customers have a reason to make referrals?
If you answered no to any of these questions, this blog series is for you. It will help you better understand the benefits of hiring a copywriter. We will explore several specific mediums, such as websites, sales decks, emails, and more, and discuss ways a copywriter adds value to each. We will explore the skill set of professional copywriters and why they are worth their weight in gold to your business.
What are the basic characteristics of high-quality copywriting?
A good copywriter can create content that looks good and communicates succinctly and clearly. This will ultimately help you achieve your business goals.
Here is a breakdown of the primary benefits of quality copywriting:
- Improved readability. Good copy is clear and easy to read. It communicates information that compels readers to read more or take the next step.
- Increased visibility. With search-engine-optimized (SEO) content, your copywriter can significantly increase your exposure on the internet. This not only generates leads, prospects, and new customers but also helps to retain existing customers.
- Enhanced brand image. A good copywriter can create a consistent voice and tone for all your marketing materials. This consistency reinforces your brand making it more memorable. It also engenders in your customers and prospects a sense of dependability. Nowadays, many customers feel put out by automated phone tree systems. Repetitive and slow bots and auto-replies replace human interaction. Prospects and customers are often forced to get answers and make orders online. Your reliable communication is reassuring in this environment.
- More Conversions. Copywriters can write persuasive content. The ‘copy’ or content will state clearly the benefits and needs that your product or service will address. Why wouldn’t a prospect buy from you if they know their needs or desires will be fulfilled? When someone knows their needs will be met, they will be closer to taking the next step.
- Increased engagement. Your engagement will improve if your social media posts are on the appropriate platforms and address your prospects’ needs or inclinations. More engagement leads to more success for your business.
- Often cost-effective. Hiring a copywriter might increase out-of-pocket costs or lower costs. Either way, you can save money by avoiding sunk costs. If your posts, website, and email campaigns are not of high quality, producing them is simply a sunk cost, money down the drain. Sunk costs are never recovered.
- Saves time. As soon as your copywriter understands your business and your goals, your copywriter will know what to do. They should be given the space to be creative yet still have measurable objectives and metrics to work toward. You can expect your copywriter to contact you for input when needed.
- Fresh approach. Your copywriter will bring a fresh perspective to your content. Google loves new content and a different approach to a website. And Google will reward you with improved analytics, equating to more visitors to your site.
If you like the 8 points above and want to know more, please continue reading this series. More benefits are discussed for specific types of copy.
Check out the other posts in this series below. If you are looking for a professional copywriter to help you increase engagement and conversions, book a call with Terri today!